Date of Publication: 30th August, 2022
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
2. Children under the Age of 16
3. How We Use Your Information
4. Information Sharing
5. Data Security Measures
6. International Transfers
7. Your Rights
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. We may also automatically collect certain information as you navigate through the website or use our Services, such as usage details, equipment profiles and IP addresses, by means of cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
•When you visiting our website
When you visit our website, your browser contacts our web server to retrieve the pages you wish to visit. You generally do not need to register or identify yourself to use this function. However, our server uses your IP address to allocate requests and responses, which could potentially be used to identify you.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity but may include device and usage
information, such as you IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system,
•Information you provide when you contact us
On our site we offer the possibility to contact us by email, phone number and/or via a contact form. In this case the information you provide is stored for the purpose of processing your contact request and for any follow-up questions. If you contact us with a request, we also process your personal data such as your name, email address, phone number, company name and the content of the communication for the purpose of exchanging information with you.
•Information that you provide at the time of registering for use of or access to our Services
For example, subscribing to our posting material, requesting further services, registering for newsletters or other communications, entering a contest or promotion sponsored by us, reserving place for participation in our training or marketing activities, or reporting a problem with our Services.
•Information we collect during an event/exhibition When we organize events and exhibitions we may collect personal data during these events. During these live events we also demonstrate our devices and may record live images that include data. During these exhibitions we may also collect data from you directly, like for example, when you fill in an enquiry during an event or exhibition.
•Personal information required for the performance of a contract
Details of transactions you carry out through the use of our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders (note that you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, etc. This information is
primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our
internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. Children under the Age of 16
Our websites are not generally targeted at children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 should provide any personal data to or on our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. Dahua strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at DH_Privacy@dahuatech.com.
3. How We Use Your Information We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data for the following main purposes depends on the specific purpose of your visit: •To communicate with you and respond to your request We use and process your contact details you provided to communicate with you, provide you with information you request about us, answer your questions or when we handle your complaints.
•For direct marketing
– General. We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, promotions or other marketing communications, including invitations to our exhibitions. You could unsubscribe at any time. – Categories of data. To understand what is relevant for you we may use automatic tools to analyze your personal information. For this purpose, we may use and combine the information described above. We may also combine such data with information we receive from our group companies or from other sources, such as market research or public information. Without your consent we will not use sensitive data for statistical research.
– Interest and benefits. We use the results of our analysis to tailor our marketing communications to your (and the company you represent), specific interests and preferences. For example, if we notice that you work in a specific sector, such as banking, we may customize our offers, invitations to exhibitions and newsletters to this sector.
– Object or revoke. You may object or revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in the relevant marketing communication or by contacting us DH_Privacy@dahuatech.com.
•To comply with statutory obligations We may be required by law to collect and share your identifying information and personal data with public or governmental organizations for the purpose of compliance with the law, a court order, or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We only use “Aggregated” or “De-identified” information to: (a) understand users’ preferences; (b) enhance and optimize users’ experience; (c) improve the functional design to better support the users; (d) provide better customer care and customer service; and (e) gather analytical data.
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds: on the basis of your consent, for the performance of a contract with you, to comply with legal obligations we are subject to and on the basis of our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party as described in this policy. When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, we will take reasonable measures to prevent unwarranted harm to you. Our legitimate interests may for example be improving our newsletters and website by analyzing which parts of our communications are most relevant for persons interested in our activities, or securing our website and facilities. For more information on these interests, please contact us to understand the purposes for which we process your personal data (see below). 4. Information Sharing We may disclose your personal data with certain trusted third parties that perform business functions for us or provide services to us, being our subsidiaries and affiliates; or contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
The main purposes of sharing are:
•We may share your data internally with the department that is responsible for your request. In some cases, it may also be forwarded to another group companies.
•To deliver your orders and provide you the services requested from us •To deliver you the products you order and the services you request such as training, repair of products, participation in roadshows and other marketing activities, we may share your personal data with our group companies, and other companies involved in facilitating you with services such as distributors or dealers.
•To keep in touch with our prospects, customers, and former customer We may share your personal data with subsidiaries and partners for the purpose of being
able to contact you in the future and provide you with services. This includes sharing personal data within the group for the purposes of customer relation management.
•For statistical research and direct marketing We may share your personal data within our group for the purpose of statistical research and direct marketing.
•To let you benefit special offers of partners of Dahua
We may share your information with our partners to let you benefit from the services of these partners that we integrate or offer in our own services and apps. For example, when we cooperate with resellers or when we offer services via the DHOP platform or when we organize or participate in exhibitions and other marketing events organized by third parties, either in their entirety or in cooperation with us.
All such third parties will be required to adequately safeguard your personal data, subject to agreements that correspond to the requirements of applicable laws.
We may also disclose your personal data:
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
6. International Transfers The information that we collect from you will be stored on secure servers within Germany. Your information might be transferred outside Germany or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which might have different legal rules and might not offer an adequate level of protection as determined by the European Commission. However, we have taken the necessary measures to ensure that your information is processed in conformity with the applicable laws and appropriate technical security measures are adopted to safeguard your privacy. Where necessary we use Standard Contractual Clauses, which are approved by the European Commission to comply with applicable legislation. For example, when data is shared with our headquarters in the People’s Republic of China, we use the following clauses: “ Standard contractual clauses for international transfers | European Commission (europa.eu) . 7.Your Rights
You can review and change your personal data by logging into your account on our website and visiting your account profile page. If you are not able to find your personal data you may also send us an e-mail at DH_Privacy@dahuatech.com to request access to, or require us to correct or delete any personal data that you have provided to us. You may also object to or request us to restrict your processing. If we process your personal data based on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us (see below). A summary of your legal rights is set out below:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. • Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. • Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal
data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. • Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms. • Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. • Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you. • Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
9. Contact Information
Dahua Europe BV
Louis Braillelaan 80, 2719 EK, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
Dahua Europe: +31 (0)85-0715700
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
2. Which cookies we store and why
Our website uses functional cookies to ensure that it operates properly and analytical cookies to make your user experience optimal.
These cookies are necessary for basic site functionalities and are therefore set when you visit our websites. These cookies remember your preferences as you use our websites. For
example, if any of our websites requires you to register so that you can receive the relevant services, after registration, first-party cookies are used which keep your email stored for a certain period of time, so that you can save time from setting or entering them whenever you come back to the site or move from one page to another. More specifically we use these functional cookies in specific: Functional Cookies
WordPress sets different cookies depending on the setting, login status and use